Monday, December 9, 2013

Green shoots

Right,

so in between some serious studying (..ahem..) I have started on a couple of projects. And there will be another shortly as well.

Here is three out of four. Ed Normal posted his traffic bases over on thepainterssurgery.blogspot.co.uk, and I decided I needed to have a go, so hence the white filler based blob on the far right.

In the middle is the beginnings of a new sculpt, I'm going to try something in 54mm scale. This guy is inspired by the orc on the left. I want to try a big muscly fella. I intend on armoring at least some of the guy. My current concept is a hammer wielding maniac.

Next, the orc. One of the fatal four. After "declaring" the Bastilladon finished... it wasn't really finished, but was just so fed up of looking at it, I glued it together and I'm going to do this instead. This guy needed some orthopedic surgery on his ankle, including an implant to strengthen the bone. He got himself locked in the luggage compartment on a plane and broke it. Mentalist! My intention here is to adorn the chap with some tattoos... currently thinking something in the vein of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's sieve tattoo. 

Finally, my fourth project is another sculpting project. Locally in Waterford where I live there is a festival called Winterval. For this year, a Marvel artist has created a character for them: Valgard. Here he is:




Anyway, that is all for now, cheers for reading.

Nathan


No comments:

Post a Comment