Monday, January 13, 2014

60mm Hammer-man sculpt "finished"

So I'm calling it a day with this sculpt. Class starts again in the morning and I would like to move this along to the painting stages!

Changes since the last post: I have widened the grip as much as it would allow without a re-sculpt of the arms. I also shorted the haft of the hammer. To the head of the hammer, I wrapped in "string" to finish it after I took a blade and literally tore chunks out, to give a pocked finish. The uneven and jagged finish to the wounded greenstuff will hopefully give a nice texture for painting. Hard to tell at this point, but sure like you never know do you.

The lower knee was thickened up a bit, added rear loin cloth and to finish it a pelt across the shoulders with a twin metal disk and double link chain to hold in place. I had originally planned to have a shield, but was rightly pointed out to me that... that it didn't make sense. So I dropped it, kept the WIP shield for a later project.

Decided to leave him bald altogether and that's the end. This is very much an experimental piece, a learn as you go job, and the paint job will be much the same... I hope to paint some tattoos and some head stubble.

On wards!!

Nathan








No comments:

Post a Comment